Innovation, Efficiency & Sustainability.
What is the CNG?
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is made by compressing natural gas, which is mainly composed of methane. It is a fuel which can be used instead of gasoline (petrol) diesel fuel and LPG.
- Can also be obtained from the fermentation of organic residues by means of a 100% ecological process, in this case we speak of Biogas.
- Is stored in gaseous form at room temperature and distributed in rigid containers at a pressure of about 200 bar.
- Should not be confused with LNG which is the same gas stored in liquid form at temperatures around –160 °C.
Actros NGT Features.
M 936 G – 100% CNGDisplacement: 7.7 lTorque: 1200 NmOutput: 222 kW (302 hp)Noise level: lower than a diesel engine
Gas Tank System
Payload gain of up to 400 kg compared to solid steel tanksCNG tank system 580 lMaximum CNG tank volume of 980 l with double tank systemRange up to 650 km
Allison automatic transmission
6 forward and 1 reverse gearsSmooth and continuous transmissionReduced Noise emissions, lower than for a dieselLow maintenance
Focus group: Actros NGT Customer.
- “Green” transport companies sensitive to the environment.
- Operators in the ecology and waste collection sector.
- Transport companies specialized in mid-range distribution.
- Ideal for night deliveries and limited traffic areas.