You can expect a great deal from the Atego: efficient handling, ease of body mounting and overall efficiency. This all adds up to just about everything you need, and right from your first trip, you won't want to do without any of these assets.
You'll wonder why you ever drove anything else.
The Atego imparts a positive, self-assured feeling behind the wheel. This stems from the combination of Stability Control Assist1, the cab mountings, the steering, the rear axle guide and the suspension, all of which work together to maximise driving dynamics.
Advantages at a glance.
- Superior ride comfort and ease of body mounting
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)®1
- 4-point cab suspension
- Minimal roll understeer thanks to optimised rear axle guide
- Weight-optimised steel suspension with multi-leaf parabolic springs
- Excellent body connections and integration
- Improved handling thanks to application specific details and equipment
The Atego's sensitive steering provides for simple, exact handling during manoeuvring, while at high speeds it ensures reliable straight-line and high directional stability along with a correspondingly reduced need for corrective steering.
Rear axle guide.
For effortlessly superior handling, all steel-sprung Ategos are equipped with a rear axle guide2 which reduces roll understeer.
When increased traction is required, the Atego is available with manually selectable or with permanent all-wheel drive.
 Not available in conjunction with all-wheel drive.
 For air-suspended Atego up to 10.5 t and 12 t with low frame as well as all Ategos with steel suspension.