Greater safety – as standard.
Safety and assistance systems at a glance.
- Comprehensive range of standard equipment including Active Brake Assist 5285, 287, Stability Control Assist287, Lane Keeping Assist287, Attention Assist287 and follow-me-home lighting
- Enhanced MirrorCam287, 271
- Increased driving comfort and high efficiency thanks to Active Drive Assist 2287, 248, 284
- Other safety components: Proximity Control Assist287, 98 with stop-and-go function, Active Sideguard Assist287, 1, 248, Traffic Sign Assist287, 256, Trailer Stability Control Assist287, 246
- Better to see and be seen with automatic high beam, low beam and turn lights1, LED daytime driving lights, LED rear lights1
- LED main headlamps1, cornering light1, front fog lamp1
Safety and assistance systems.
Active Drive Assist 2287, 248, 284.
Active Drive Assist 2287, 248, 284 is available for certain Actros models and assists the driver not only in maintaining as safe a distance as possible to the vehicle travelling in front, but also in staying in the middle of the lane. Particularly on long, monotonous stretches of road, it therefore offers greater safety as well as stress-relieving comfort and can better driver-fitness safety.
The new features of Active Drive Assist 2 make a major contribution to road safety. If the driver does not hold the steering wheel for a prolonged period of time, either by choosing to ignore legislation or as a result of becoming unwell, a warning cascade starts and within the system's limits, it can even decelerate the vehicle staying within its current lane down to a standstill if the driver fails to react.
Active Drive Assist 2287, 248, 284 extends the functionality of Proximity Control Assist287, 98. In addition to automatic distance control with stop-and-go function, it can also actively help the driver to stay in lane. To do this, it combines the enhanced radar and camera technologies of Active Brake Assist 5285, 287 with the electrically assisted steering and Lane Keeping Assist287.
LED main headlamps1.
The daytime running lights, standing lights, dipped and high beam as well as the indicator are LED. This means especially high light emission with low energy consumption.
In place of the conventional rear-view mirrors, the Actros is fitted with the innovative, aerodynamically refined MirrorCam287, 271. This saves fuel and offers improved visibility to the rear and in the area of the A-pillar.
MirrorCam287, 271 also provides for added safety during manoeuvring, turning off and changing lanes, for example by panning247 the camera image in accordance with the vehicle's movements. As an alternative to the MirrorCam287, 271, a classic mirror system is also available.
Automatic main/dipped beam and cornering light function1.
This optional headlamp system contributes to enhanced safety through improved illumination of the carriageway. Besides the LED daytime running lights, it also includes automatic switching between main beam and dipped beam, as well as an automatic cornering light1 and front fog lamps1.