Unbridled power, restrained fuel consumption.
18 engine power output levels.
Advantages at a glance.
- Robust, high-torque, fuel efficient 6-cylinder in-line engines in four displacement classes spanning 18 output levels from 175 kW (238 hp) to 460 kW (625 hp)
- Spontaneous power delivery resulting from high torque even in the low rev range
- Broad torque range reduces number of shift operations and saves wear on clutch and transmission
- Mercedes PowerShift 3 automated gearshift with six application specific transmission variants, with 8, 12 and 16 gears
- Selectable driving modes and additional functions, rocking mode, fast reversing
- Crawl function with integrated manoeuvring mode for simple moving off and precise manoeuvring
- Optional manual double H gearshift with pneumatic shifting assistance for one 9- or three 16-speed transmissions40