Efficient 4 and 6-cylinder engines with high performance and low consumption.
High power, low fuel consumption.
Engine technology and emission control technology.
Powerful, reliable, economical – the Atego's Euro VI engines boast low fuel consumption, tractive power and very smooth running. The 4-cylinder inline engines deliver up to 170 kW (231 hp) and peak torque of up to 900 Nm. The 6-cylinder inline engines deliver up to 220 kW (299 hp) and peak torque of up to 1200 Nm.
Advantages at a glance.
- More fuel-efficient, reliable 4- and 6-cylinder in-line engines with high torque at low engine speeds
- Two displacement classes, seven output ratings from 115 kW (156 hp) to 220 kW (299 hp)
- Powerful engine brake, optional High Performance Engine Brake
- PowerShift 3 automated gearshift as well as engageable driving modes and additional functions108. Manual gearshift on request
- Various 6-, 8- and 9-speed transmissions for application specific drive configurations
High Performance Engine Brake.
The three-stage, wear-free auxiliary brake is optionally available for even greater safety, offering up to 280 kW of braking power depending on the installed engine variant.
The three-stage brake system offers up to 235 kW of brake power, which comes as standard on vehicles with a permissible gross vehicle weight of 9.5 t or over. This reduces wear on the service brake while enhancing safety and control of the vehicle.
Superior dynamic response, simple handling and low fuel consumption: The automated gearshift ensures precise gear selection, short shift times, high driving comfort and outstanding economy.
With PowerShift 3, additional functions such as direct shifting from forward to reverse and one reverse gear with a high ratio93 make for easy manoeuvring. The crawler function is particularly convenient when moving off.
In addition to the automated transmission, a manual transmission with pneumatic power-assisted gear shifting is optionally available. It features outstanding ergonomics and extremely precise shifting while requiring only a low shift force.
Atego driving programs.
Customers can order their Atego with “power” or “offroad” driving program irrespective of the model variant. Both driving modes enable a style of driving adapted to the given situation108.