Our tip for low fuel consumption costs: Top technology, top services and a top driving style.
Advantages at a glance.
- 2nd generation Euro VI engines: OM 470 10.7 l and 12.8 l OM 471 with a higher rear axle ratio for fuel savings of up to 5 % (OM 470) and 6 % (OM 471) compared with the first generation
- Comprehensive range of engines with four displacement classes from 7.7 l to 15.6 l and a total of 18 power output ratings from 175 kW (238 hp) to 460 kW (625 hp), as well as precisely tuned powertrain configurations
- Driving programs "economy" and "fleet" to reduce fuel consumption
- Fuel-efficient auxiliary consumers
- Sophisticated aerodynamics
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
Euro VI exhaust emissions technology.
Exhaust gas recirculation
Thanks to the cooled exhaust-gas recirculation system, less nitrogen oxide and fewer particulates are produced during combustion.
Diesel particulate filter
Particulate emissions are almost entirely prevented by the closed diesel particulate filter. An optimised volume control unit injects AdBlue® into the exhaust gas flow without air.