Innovative, efficient & sustainable.
What is CNG?
- Compressed natural gas (CNG) is a fossil fuel which is obtained through the compression of natural gas and consists mainly of methane and other light hydrocarbons such as propane and butane.
- Can also be obtained through the fermentation of organic residues with a 100 % ecological process (biomethane).
- Is stored in a gaseous condition at ambient temperature and put into fixed tanks under a pressure of approx. 200 bar.
- Not to be confused with liquified natural gas (LNG), as in this case the natural gas is stored in liquid form at temperatures around –160 °C.
The technical characteristics of the Actros NGT.
OM 936 – fuel 100 % CNGDisplacement: 7,7 lTorque: 1200 NmOutput: 222 kW/302 hpNoise emission: less than with the diesel engine
Tanks made of composite material: 400 kg less weight than steel tanksStandard capacity: 580 lCapacity with two tanks: 980 lRange up to 650 km
Allison automatic transmission
6 gears + 1 reverse gearFlowing, continuous power transmissionNoise emissions: less than with the diesel engineLow maintenance requirements
The target group of the Actros NGT.
- Environmentally conscious transport companies with a green philosophy".
- Operations in the field of ecology and waste transport.
- Specialised goods transport firms for mid-range deliveries.
- Ideal for deliveries during the night and in traffic-restricted zones.