We want to continue providing the best possible service right up until your agreement finishes, so don't hesitate to get in touch with any queries you might still have.
What happens now?
Once you've completed your monthly payments (and final balloon payment if applicable), the vehicle is yours to keep.
An 'Option to Purchase fee' will be debited from your account with your final payment. You'll find this amount in your agreement under the 'other financial information' section. This will complete the purchase, leaving you free to part-exchange for a new vehicle, or to simply continue driving your current vehicle.
At the end of your Agility (PCP) agreement you have three options:
If you have a Finance Lease agreement, you have three options to choose from:
- Request a Peppercorn Extension, which would mean extending your agreement for further 12 months for the cost of only one month rental.
- Sell the vehicle at the market value to an unconnected third party. We will then invoice you at 5% of the total sales price.
Operating Lease & Contract Hire
- We'll arrange the collection of your vehicle.
- Return the vehicle, subject to it being in line with our Vehicle Return Standards as vehicle condition, excess mileage and other charges may be payable.
- Request an extension, should you have a new Mercedes- Benz vehicle on order, which will cover you until the confirmed delivery date.
Vehicle Return Standards
Depending on your agreement type you may need to return your vehicle at the end of your agreement. Find out what to do before returning your vehicle, including examples of acceptable wear and tear and illustrations of chargeable damage.
If your vehicle is due for a service
Your vehicle may be due for a final service before your agreement ends. If that is the case, we highly recommend you use a Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicle Dealer to make sure your vehicle gets the attention and care it deserves.
What happens next?
If you are nearing the end of your agreement and will be returning your vehicle, here is what will happen.
Meeting the standards
- It is important that your vehicle is cleaned thoroughly inside and out before collection — our agents can refuse to take your Truck if it cannot be inspected accurately, and you may be charged for an aborted collection
We will call you to arrange collection
- Simply let us know when you would like us to collect your Truck. Once we have agreed a convenient date and time, we will arrange collection from your work or home address. Please refer to your agreement for further information on the responsibility to return your vehicle
You hand over your Truck
- When our representative collects your Mercedes-Benz, they will perform a safety check to confirm it is safe to take on the public road. Before signing the collection agent’s handover form, please ensure all items have been recorded correctly. Please note, the driver who conducts the handover will not be a trained engineer.
Your Mercedes-Benz is returned
- Once we have collected the Truck, an engineer will then complete further, more detailed inspections to determine any unacceptable damage.
Please ensure you have your V5C. If you misplace your V5C document, simply contact the DVLA on 0300 790 6802 to request a duplicate (you should receive this within 5 days). Please note that if you do not send back the V5C document with your vehicle, a penalty charge will apply.
When it comes to returning your vehicle you will be contacted by our carriers Drive Direct.
If you have any queries regarding the vehicle return standards please contact our Customer Services team at Customerservice-DTFSUK@daimlertruck.com or call 08000389991.